Company: KQAC-FM Portland
Position: Assistant Program Director/Producer & On-Air Host
The Asst. Program Director works closely with the station’s CEO and Music Director to create and oversee outstanding and creative content, ensuring that the station’s programming, format and on-air sound support and sustain the strategic priorities as set forth by the CEO.
This position will host and produce a daily on-air shift. With the CEO and Music Director, the Asst. Program Director is responsible for implementing and maintaining an evaluation and coaching system for the on-air staff, including management of on-air staff’s participation in the station’s Community Engagement strategy. The position includes the role of Managing Producer of all locally produced programs and special broadcasts, and of All Classical Portland’s nationally syndicated program, “The Score.” Other duties as assigned by the CEO.
Asst. Program Director
1. With the CEO, analyzes the station’s overall sound and implements improvements to programming to better serve the station’s mission and to appeal to larger numbers of listeners
2. Assists CEO and Music Director with training, scheduling, and coaching the on-air staff
3. Assists CEO to design & coordinate on-air fundraisers in collaboration with Community Engagement staff
4. Assists CEO in working with the station’s traffic and technology staff to ensure the station’s technical & broadcast quality; facilitates equipment and software training as needed for production/on-air staff
5. Assists CEO and COO in providing oversight of contracts and relations with external content providers; ensures that all on-air personnel understand their role within the station’s Community Engagement Strategy and how it relates to them
6. With the CEO, works to ensure that financial & legal obligations of our organization are met by on-air staff
1. Announce & produce a classical music program (live, recorded, or both)
2. Produce related programs & program segments, interviews, features, web content & promotions
3. Respond to listener calls and communications
4. Act as live Emcee at station and non-station sponsored events as requested
- Excellent oral & written communication skills, including public speaking
- Personal integrity, intelligence, and patience when interacting with fellow staff and members of the public
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office programs and ability to operate software such as Music Master, ENCO, and Adobe Audition
- Willingness to learn other broadcast-specific software as needed
- An energetic, forward thinking and creative person with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image
- Sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus
- A well organized and self-directed person with the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documentation (ratings, technology, trends) as it relates to radio
- Ability to work in a team setting, fluidly adapting to other work and communication styles
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints
- Deep, current knowledge of and love for classical music!
- Good sense of humor preferred!
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- A minimum of five years of classical announcing experience. Additional experience in programming, management, host and/or producer of nationally distributed programs or experience as music director or program director is desirable.
What you can expect from us…
We are a small group of relaxed professionals who take pride in creating the best classical music service on the planet and providing companionship to our listeners in Portland and around the world 24 hours a day. We take our work seriously, but have a sense of humor about ourselves and like to let our hair down when appropriate. You’ll be joining us at an exciting time as we hit our stride in our state of the art broadcasting facility on the second floor of the Hampton Opera Center (where there’s a killer river view!).
This position requires sitting at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time, ability to perform general office tasks such as copying, printing, filing, and using the telephone, and use of Adobe Audition and other radio software.
How to apply
This is a 40 hr./week salaried, exempt position with an extensive list of benefits including employer paid medical, dental and vision insurance. Union membership in IBEW Local 48 required.
Send your resume with cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com. Position open until filled. No phone calls or drop-ins please.
All Classical Portland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Company: KBOO-FM Portland, OR
Position: Station Co-Manager
Opening date: Immediately
Closing date: November 1, 2017
PT/ 20 hours per week
KBOO Community Foundation announces the opening and active search for a new Station Co-Manager for the radio station, based in Portland Oregon.
The Station Manager oversees the administrative, fundraising and business functions of the KBOO Foundation's community radio station transmitting at 90.7 FM and all affiliated frequencies. This position provides leadership and vision, with a focus on innovative, high-quality, community-based programming.
Responsibilities include administrative, fundraising, financial, engineering, technical, programming and public relations tasks, as well as occasional on-air program or promotional work.
This position is ideal for someone who has a passion for social justice and building inclusive community. KBOO radio is dedicated to dismantling oppression and white supremacy and to raising up the voices of people generally marginalized and disenfranchised by a dominant culture that diminishes the voices of the poor, people of color, the homeless, women, the LBGT community and everyone who is involved in the dynamic work of creating a different world based on the values that another world is possible and corporate values are not the only values that matter on our radio airwaves.
Working in KBOO is a challenging and rewarding experience. KBOO has ten paid employees and over 400 volunteers. KBOO has regular membership drives that require an intense amount of time and coordination. The atmosphere is hectic and stimulating. The ability to work in this kind of environment is essential.
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted beginning immediately and will be received until November 1st, with a planned starting date of January 1st. Applications may be sent to KBOO at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. The position being hired for is Station Co-Manager, part time at 20 hours per week. KBOO Community Radio is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Company: Bicoastal Media
Position: Account Executive
Open Date: July 24, 2017
Location: Longview/Kelso, WA
“Bicoastal Media is currently accepting resumes for the position of Account Executive for our five station group in Longview/Kelso (Southwest Washington), located 50 minutes north of downtown Portland. This motivated individual will manage and grow existing billing accounts, as well as new account development. Responsibilities include identifying clients' advertising and marketing needs as well as developing and presenting customized radio marketing campaigns.
Candidate must have strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills, be self-motivated, goal driven, creative, open to coaching, and have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment. Radio sales or outside sales experience preferred. You must have a valid driver's license, a good driving record, and a dependable vehicle with appropriate insurance. Opportunities are for full-time employment, and you could earn truly great sales commissions with no financial limitations.
Bicoastal Media is a great company with terrific benefits and a fun work environment, so please email your resume and cover letter to Rich Coleman at firstname.lastname@example.org, or USPS mail to Rich Coleman, Bicoastal Media, 1130 14th Ave., Longview, WA 98632. Bicoastal Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.”
Company: Blind Box Advertisement
Position: Operations Manager
Open Date: July 24, 2017
FT/PT: Full Time
Location: Pacific Northwest
West coast company looking for an experienced Operations Manager for 5-radio stations with a variety of formats in the Pacific Northwest. This position also includes airshift, production and the ability to manage social and digital initiatives. We are seeking an experienced ops manager and you must have complete working knowledge of Audio Vault and Adobe Audition. If you are a team player and have impeccable work ethic and the experience requested above, please send your cover letter, resume, references, air checks along with any imaging and production to Opmanagernw@gmail.com
Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer